Here are five ways to tell the difference and improve your lawn in the process:
- Do a tug test: pull a section of brown grass; if it comes out easily with no resistance, it is dead.
- Look for patterns: is it all brown or just in patches?
- Pay attention to temperature changes: excessive cold and heat will affect your lawn.
- Follow a watering schedule.
- Hire a professional to help treat your lawn
Follow these sprinkler times for each month (3 days per week) to keep your lawn healthy without over-watering. And remember, Outdoor Watering Rules are in affect until October 1st!